Vision and Values
As a school we are due to revisit these in Spring 2020.
These are our current aims
- To be an inclusive setting and to put into place the practice in all aspects of our work that ensures that all learners are given equality of opportunity and treated fairly.
- To promote and achieve high standards for all by providing teaching and learning of the highest quality.
- To treat learners as individuals and to differentiate teaching and learning to take account of their individual and special needs.
- We aim to provide outstanding provision to meet learners’ physical, mental, social, spiritual, moral and cultural needs.
- We aim to provide outstanding provision to meet learners’ care, health and safety needs.
- To ensure that all learners benefit from a rich, broad, balanced Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum presented in an interesting, exciting and imaginative manner with lots of opportunities for first-hand experience, practical work, investigation and learning through play.
- Children’s early development and learning is viewed as holistic in nature and all 7 Areas of Learning in the Early Years Foundation Stage are complementary and stand together. These will be central to our work.
- To enliven and enrich the curriculum by visits, visitors, and extensive use of the environment.
- To give responsibility to learners and develop their self-confidence by contributing to the community.
- To make parents and the wider community equal partners with the school/link Children’s Centre and to involve them in the evaluation of its success.
- To build an ethos marked by a welcoming, friendly, bright and lively, happy place where learners feel secure. A place where good behaviour is expected and where learners enjoy growing up. To make this setting a place of enjoyment where success is celebrated.