Vision and Values
We purposely wanted a vision which everyone could remember and after many sessions of talking to our community we came up with our core vision.
At Flatts Nursery school we facilitate CURIOUS, INDEPENDENT, COMMUNITY minded lifelong learners.
We have used our vision words when creating our NEW Curriculum Goals.
- To be an inclusive setting and to put into place the practice in all aspects of our work that ensures that all learners are given equality of opportunity and treated fairly.
- To promote and achieve high standards for all by providing teaching and learning of the highest quality.
- To treat learners as individuals and to differentiate teaching and learning to take account of their individual and special needs.
- We aim to provide outstanding provision to meet learners’ physical, mental, social, spiritual, moral and cultural needs.
- We aim to provide outstanding provision to meet learners’ care, health and safety needs.
- To ensure that all learners benefit from a rich, broad, balanced Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum presented in an interesting, exciting and imaginative manner with lots of opportunities for first-hand experience, practical work, investigation and learning through play.
- Children’s early development and learning is viewed as holistic in nature and all 7 Areas of Learning in the Early Years Foundation Stage are complementary and stand together. These will be central to our work.
- To enliven and enrich the curriculum by visits, visitors, and extensive use of the environment.
- To give responsibility to learners and develop their self-confidence by contributing to the community.
- To make parents and the wider community equal partners with the school/link Children’s Centre and to involve them in the evaluation of its success.
- To build an ethos marked by a welcoming, friendly, bright and lively, happy place where learners feel secure. A place where good behaviour is expected and where learners enjoy growing up. To make this setting a place of enjoyment where success is celebrated.